Surprise! Today I bring you something not cancer or health related. Between my recent hospital stay and being forced to rest for the past 3 weeks, I am SO over it. So, instead of blogging about my current mood—I am going to share something sweet.
I made this delicious pound cake a few weeks ago, and it is perfect for strawberry shortcake.
Sour Cream Poundcake
- Preheat oven to 35o. Spray a 10 cup bunt pan with non-stick spray.
2. Cream 1 cup butter and 3 cups granulated sugar.
3. One at a time, add in 6 eggs at room temperature.
4. Stir in 1 cup sour cream. (I like to use greek yogurt.)
5. Combine 3 cups all-purpose flour, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1 teaspoon baking powder in a small bowl. Then add to batter 1/2 cup at a time until combined. Stir in one tablespoon vanilla.
6. Spoon batter into prepared pan. Bake at 350 for 90 minutes. Start testing at 75 minutes to avoid over baking. Carefully insert a long wooden pick into the center of the cake. The cake is done when dry crumbs or no crumbs stick to the pick.
7. Allow cake to cool on a wire rack for 1 to 20 minutes before inverting on a tray to cool completely. Enjoy alone, or with strawberries and fresh whipped cream.